6 0 9 129 0
The Disney Magic cruise ship was the first ship built by the Disney Cruise Line. Since its maiden voyage was on July 30, 1998 it has cruised around the Caribbean as well as up and down the West Coast. In 2012, The Disney Magic will become the first Disney Cruise Line ship to set sail from New York City and Galveston, Texas. It’s 11 decks can accommodate 2700 guests and 950 crew members.
With current sailing itineraries including a 2-night New York Weekend Getaway Cruises, 5-night Canada & new England Coast Cruises, or 6, 7, and 8-night Western Caribbean, Eastern Caribbean or Bahamian Cruises – there’s a magical holiday available to suit any family!
The entire Disney Cruise Line (including The Disney Magic and its sister ship The Disney Wonder, plus The Disney Dream and The Disney Fantasy) was designed with families in mind, including top of the line dining, entertainment, children’s programs, and amenities – all with the signature Disney flair for family fun.
Dad’s Disney Cruise Main page
The Disney Magic cruise ship has 11 decks with staterooms, entertainment, dining and more. Each deck is a little different. Here’s a list of what’s on each deck
- Deck 1 – sick bay, tender area, guest rooms
- Deck 2 – guest rooms, conference rooms
- Deck 3 – Sessions, Off Beat, Rockin Bar D, shopping, Lumiere’s, Promenade lounge, Parrot Cay
- Deck 4 – Walt Disney Theatre, shopping, Studio Sea, photo studio, Animator’s Palate
- Deck 5 – guest rooms, Disney Oceaneers Club, Disney Oceaneers Lab, Buena Vista Theatre
- Deck 6 – guest rooms
- Deck 7 – guest rooms
- Deck 8 – guest rooms, big suites
- Deck 9 – spa/salon, fitness area, pools, waterslide, Pinocchio’s Pizzaria, Pluto’s Dog House Snack Bar,
- Topsider Buffet
- Deck 10 – Wide World of Sports Deck, Outlook Bar, Palo
- Deck 11 – ESPN Skybox
The Disney Magic cruise ship has staterooms for every travel style and family need. From inside cabins to outside cabins to deluxe suites with private verandahs, you’re sure to find a room that fits your family and your budget.
In keeping with the design of The Disney Cruise Line, staterooms on The Disney Magic are larger than industry standard and have been created with families in mind, featuring ample space and (in most cases) split bathrooms.
The Main Restaurants
The Disney Magic cruise ship, like all the Disney Cruise Line ships has 3 main dining rooms. Unlike standard cruise ships, these dining rooms are all very different and guests have a chance to experience all 3. During the day you can get standard food at 2 of the restaurants, but in the evening, the magic comes alive.
- Parrot Cay – serves classic American food for breakfast and lunch. It turns into a Caribbean Island Grill House for dinner. Enjoy a laid back meal with an island feel. From the bamboo furniture to the parrot mural on the wall, you’re in the islands, mon.
- Lumiere’s – serves contemporary American food for breakfast and lunch. At dinner it serves elegant cuisine with French flair. This restaurant is inspired by the movie “Beauty and the Beast”. This elegant restaurant has a real Be Our Guest feel.
- Animator’s Palate – the restaurant is part of the show. Animator’s Palate is one of the most unique restaurants you’ll ever experience. When you arrive everything is black and white and as the evening progresses, colors appear. Even the servers get into the act as they change clothing as dinner progresses. Animator’s Palate features cuisine from the Pacific Rim.
The Disney Magic Cruise Ship has several restaurants where you can grab a bite without having to dress up or even sit down..
- Pinocchio’s Pizzeria – offers pizza by the slice throughout the day
- Pluto’s Dog House Snack Bar – hamburgers and chicken for lunch
- Goofy’s Galley – offers quick service snacks all day long including sandwiches, salads, cookies and ice cream
- Topsider Buffet – every cruise ship has a buffet, and the Magic is no different. You can get a full meal all day long and dine either inside or outside. Many of the dishes are the same as in the main dining rooms.
For Adults Only
Sometimes you just have to get away from the kids. On the Disney Magic cruise ship, you can choose from an upscale restaurant, several bars and nightclubs, and a pool.
Palo is an adults only, upscale restaurant that has out of this world food and service. Palo features Northern Italian cuisine served in an elegant, and romantic, dining experience. Palo is has a great outside view. You can watch the world go by as you enjoy some mind-blowing Italian food for brunch or dinner, or enjoy a relaxing High Tea experience.
Palo requires reservations and fills up fast. You will also have to pay a $20.00 surcharge for dining during brunch or dinner, and a $10.00 surcharge for High Tea.
Dad’s Palo page
The Disney Magic Cruise Ship features a variety of lounges for every taste for adults to enjoy in the evenings within the Beat Street entertainment district.
- Diversions – a spots pub open to families during the day, but for adults only after 9pm
- Rockin’ Bar D – featuring interactive family games during the day, at night the club transforms into an adults only bar, dance club, and karaoke bar
- Sessions – a piano bar
Quiet Cove Pool
A relaxing 4-foot deep pool for adults to relax in, featuring a connecting bar.
Disney has great entertainment and it brings it’s best out to sea with it. On your cruise you can experience first run movies, award-winning live musical extravaganzas, character greetings, and much more.
During the day, there are programs for kids of all ages. Adults can even grab some alone time while Disney takes care of the kids.
The Disney Magic cruise ship features not one but two theatres: The Walt Disney Theatre (where lavish live-performances are on stage nightly) and the Buena Vista Theatre (an upscale cinema with first run movies, comfy seats, and all the latest technologies).
Oh, yeah, I almost forgot, there are pools for adults, teens and little ones, and there is one for the whole family. You can get pampered at Vista Spa and Salon, or if you need some exercise, you can go to the huge fitness center. The Wide World of Sports features basketball, ping pong, and shuffleboard, and a running track. There is something for everyone.
When Disney started the Disney Cruise Line, they wanted to target the family market. (Duh.) They designed ships with large areas with children in mind. They wanted to create an environment where the children would have a place to have fun and parents would feel safe in leaving them. They have areas for all ages. Here are the different areas designed just for kids –
- Flounder’s Reef Nursury – for children 3 months to 3 years (additional charge)
- Disney’s Oceaneer Club – kids dress up as hero’s and princesses or play computer games or any of a wide variety of supervised activities. Ages 3-12
- Disney’s Oceaneer Lab – play and learn with themed activities and games. Ages 3-12
- Edge – a space exclusive for tweens 11 – 13 to watch tv, listen to music, surf the net, play videogames, and more
- Vibe – a hotspot for teens 14-17 to watch tv, listen to music, surf the net, play videogames, and more
- Studio Sea – a family club and lounge where you can sing, dance, play games, and enjoy live entertainment
- Quarter Masters – featuring the newest video games and air hockey
Mickey Pool on the Disney Magic
The Disney Magic cruise ship features 2 pools for families to enjoy.
- Mickey’s Pool – a 2-foot deep children’s pool with a twisting 1-deck slide.
- Goofy’s Pool – a 4-foot deep family pool featuring views of the AquaDuck, a jumbo screen television, and activities throughout the day.
Book your trip today
If you’d like more information about a Disney Cruise on the Magic or any of the other great Disney cruise ships, take a minute and drop Dad’s friends over at Destinations to Travel a note. They’ll be happy to work with you to design the Perfect Vacation.
Dad’s Destinations to Travel page
Dad’s Bottom Line
A cruise on The Disney Magic cruise ship is the perfect way to extend the magic of Disney beyond the theme parks. Now with more destinations and departure points than ever, The Magic continues to pioneer exciting adventures for the Disney Cruise Line