A note from Dad: I challenged Danny and Stephanie to write about what they thought were the top 10 most Romantic Rides at WDW. Here’s the Male Perspective from Danny. I thought it would be very revealing. See Stephanie’s response here.
Have you ever visited WDW with your significant other? Walt Disney World in itself is a great place to show your romantic side. There are many rides throughout all four theme parks that I find to be particularly romantic. Keeping in mind that this is coming from a male’s perspective, let’s take a look at what I see as the 10 best Walt Disney World attractions to experience as a couple.
10. Pangani Forest Exploration Trail: Personally, I think that all of Disney’s Animal Kingdom makes for an extremely romantic setting. Strolling through this park and gazing at all the details is such an awesome, yet relaxing way to enjoy each other’s company. I’d say that the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail definitely encompasses that special atmosphere you can find throughout Animal Kingdom. Plus, you can’t find much cooler animals than the ones over on this path!
9. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train: I know some of you might be thinking that this attraction is too much of a “kiddie ride”… But, a ride that is so purely and brilliantly fun like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train just couldn’t be left off of my list! This attraction has elements of thrill, charm, adventure, and innovation that are sure to put smiles on the faces of both you and your ride partner.
8. Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin/Toy Story Midway Mania: All relationships can use a small dose of competition, right? Without taking the end results of these two attractions too seriously, there are lots of laughs to be had in both Toy Story-themed game-style rides.
7. Kilimanjaro Safaris: African safaris are sure bets to create a perfect romantic setting. Gazing out into the savannah with that special someone is a definite must-do for all couples visiting WDW.
6. Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid: Come on, you heard the crab – “go on and kiss the girl!”
5. Carousel of Progress: There really is a “great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day” especially if that tomorrow is going to be spent with the person you love!
4. The Magic Carpets of Aladdin: How much more romantic can it get than taking on the roles of Aladdin and Jasmine on a magic carpet ride? This one speaks for itself – it’s an absolute must-do!
3. Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover: This smooth and slow-moving ride with incredible views of Tomorrowland (and even of Cinderella Castle) feels as if it was made for couples to experience! This attraction is a great way to take some time off your feet, enjoy a relaxing breeze, and appreciate each other’s company.
2. The Haunted Mansion: This one might come as a surprise, but it can definitely bring out your romantic side… After all, what’s better than cuddling up in a nice and cozy doombuggy?
1. Peter Pan’s Flight: Above all other experiences you can have that channel different aspects of romance, Peter Pan’s Flight is my #1 absolute romantic must-do. This attraction, in my opinion, is the most enchanting in all of Walt Disney World. The movie, Peter Pan, stands for a great appreciation of childhood and the importance of dreaming – Peter Pan’s Flight does not fall short in conveying these points to those who ride this attraction. This classic Walt Disney World attraction tells such a compelling story that is even more meaningful when experienced with someone you love.
Which WDW attraction(s) do you find to be the most romantic?
Click here for a look at The Top 10 Most Romantic Rides from a Female Perspective!