529 3 3 553 0Peter Pan’s Flight is one of Uncle Walt’s great enduring masterpieces. This Fantasyland classic take you on a trip back in time.
You can fly, you can fly, you can fly!!!!!Guests climb into magical vehicles that once sprinkled with pixie dust take off and take riders through the sights of London. Eventually you end up in Neverland with the Lost Boys. You even get to see Peter Pan face off against the evil Captain Hook.
Peter Pan’s Flight
The PreshowYou can fly, you can fly, you can fly. We all remember those words from the classic movie Peter Pan. With this attraction guest can actually fly. After walking through beautiful painted scenes hanging in the walk way guest get on a moving platform and then aboard a magical boat that flies with the help of pixie dust and your off on Peter Pan’s Flight.
The AttractionThis ride is very simple, maybe the simplest of all rides at Disney World, but is still one of the most popular. There are no fancy high tech animatronics and many of the effects on the ride come from the glow in the dark paint along the walls. As guest aboard ships they are taken off to a magical world flying over many different scenes from the movie during Peter Pan’s Flight.
Fun FactsHere are some interesting tidbits –
- Peter Pan’s Flight is located just across from It’s a Small World.
- The line moves slowly and forms early in the day. Dad suggests you try and ride during a parade to miss long wait.
- This ride is open during the Magic Kingdom’s Extra Magic Hour.
- The blocks in the nursery spell out P Pan and DISNEY.
HistoryPeter Pan’s Flight first opened at Walt Disney World on October 3, 1971.
- Similar rides were opened at Disneyland July 17, 1955, Tokyo Disneyland 1983, and Disneyland Paris 1992.
- Peter Pan (the Disney movie) was released in 1953.
- The original stage play about a boy that wouldn’t grow up debuted in 1904.
Peter Pan’s Flight
|Description: Indoor adventure through London and Never Land|
|Height Requirement – none||FASTPASS: yes||Length of Ride: 2 minutes and 45 seconds|
|Type of ride: Sit down ride in the dark, moving walk ways to enter and exit|
The Fine PrintHere’s some small print information
- Handheld Captioning is available with this attraction
- Guest with young children may take turns riding.
- Guest must walk by themselves or be assisted by a member of their party to enter and exit the ride.
- Service animals are not permitted on this ride.