Disney World Character Dining a great way not only to see and talk to your favorite character, but is a great experience and it’s growing more and more popular every year. So, you might want to know, what’s the big deal about character dining?
Let’s find out …
The Characters really interact
Photo by Disney Photo Snapper
What is Character Dining
At selected restaurants throughout Disney World, Disney characters like Mickey, Donald, Cinderella and others host meals. For example, Donald Duck and friends host Donald’s Safari Breakfast at Tusker House Restaurant. Some restaurants have character meals all day while others have characters only at certain meals.
Where is Character Dining
Belle at Akershus
Photo by wdwbarber
You will find Disney World Character Dining restaurants in the Parks and in some of the Disney World Hotels. Here is the current list –
- Magic Kingdom
- Cinderella’s Royal Table – This is the ultimate Disney World Character Dining experience. Cinderella presides over lunch and dinner inside the castle. It’s a fabulous setting and a good meal.
- Crystal Palace – Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet keep the party going for breakfast, lunch and dinner at this unique buffet.
- Akershus – The Royal Banquet Hall hosts the Princess Storybook Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. This is a regal setting for a charming breakfast hosted by a host of Disney Princesses like Jasmine, Belle, Snow White and even Cinderella.
- Garden Grill – The Garden Grill in the Land Pavilion is home to Mickey and Friends in farmers garb. Chip, Dale and Pluto help Mickey serve dinner.
- Disney Hollywood Studios
- Hollywood and Vine – This is a meal set up for the younger set. It’s hosted by the characters from Playhouse Pals; Agent Oso, June and Leo, and Handy Manny. Breakfast and Lunch are character meals.
- Animal Kingdom
- Tusker House– is home to Donald’s Safari Breakfast. Donald and friends are the hosts for a buffet breakfast.
- The Disney World Resort Hotels
- Cape May Cafe – Disney’s Beach Club Resort is the backdrop for Goofy’s Beach Club Bash Breakfast. Have breakfast with Goofy and his pals.
- Chef Mickey’s – the head mouse himself presides over a great breakfast and dinner buffet in Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
- Mickey’s Backyard BBQ – is a truly unique experience full of Disney characters, country music, line dancing and lots of All-American BBQ.
- 1900 Park Fare – is the place to find Mary Poppins, the Mad Hatter and Alice. Breakfast and Lunch include characters.
- ‘Ohana – Mickey, Pluto, Lilo and the little blue monster Stitch host Ohana’s Best Friends Breakfast in Disney’s Polynesian Resort.
- The Hoop Dee Doo Review – while not exactly Disney characters, the performers at the Hoop Dee Doo Review are truly characters. It’s a great dinner show at Ft. Wilderness Campground.
What do we need to know about it?
Character Dining is a great way to spend some time with your favorite Disney friends. Characters circulate around the restaurant in a preplanned route. They will stop at every table and spend time with your party. During a normal meal, you will get visits from 2 or 3 different characters.
DAD’S NOTE – Be courteous. Wait your turn. The characters will get to your table. Don’t interrupt others time with the characters.
Disney World Character Dining on Disney’s Dining page
All of the Disney World Character Dining Restaurants require a reservation, or as Disney calls them and Advanced Dining Reservation. You can make them by calling Disney, making them online or letting someone else do it for you.
Dad’s Disney Dining Reservations page
Dad’s Bottom Line
Disney World Character Dining gets more and more popular all the time. The best meal for the family at Disney World is Cinderella’s Royal Table. You’ve got to eat, you might as well have a little fun while you do it.