Disney’s Beach Club Resort wraps up a surplus of dining options, the best pool at Walt Disney World—Stormalong Bay, ultimate relaxation, and extreme convenience into just one resort. It’s no wonder why this is undoubtedly my favorite resort of all at WDW!
When it comes to location, I honestly don’t think it can get much better than this… Not only is Disney’s Beach Club Resort just a very short walk (5 to 10 minutes) away from EPCOT (through the park’s International Gateway entrance), but it also has access to the Disney Skyliner station at the International Gateway!
This means that as a guest of Disney’s Beach Club Resort, just by hopping on a quick, scenic trip on the Disney Skyliner, you can visit Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, Disney’s Riviera Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort.
Plus, all other resorts in the EPCOT Resort Area are in walking distance! You could play some midway games, have dinner at Trattoria al Forno, and enjoy a couple of (adult) drinks at AbracadaBar on Disney’s BoardWalk. Or, you could spend a while trying some high-quality eats and perfect (adult) beverages at the Crew’s Cup in Disney’s Yacht Club Resort. But, if you’re looking for a bit of a fancier night out, you’ll want to make an Advance Dining Reservation for Il Mulino at the Walt Disney World Swan Hotel.
With views that overlook Crescent Lake, the resort’s gardens, or lagoon, all guest rooms are furnished with quality furniture in a cool, comforting light blue, tan, and white decor. Room amenities include a ceiling fan, cable television (featuring Must-Do Disney), as well as a coffee maker and refrigerator.
Each room and suite features a double-sink vanity, whirlpool tub, hair dryer, magnifying mirror, ironing board and iron. Guests may request a rollaway bed or Pack ‘n Play Playard, in addition to extra pillows or blankets, of course.
Disney’s Beach Club Villas
Disney’s Beach Club Villas comprise the Disney Vacation Club section of the resort. Unlike Disney’s Beach Club Resort, which is painted a beautiful light/pastel blue, the Villas are painted a light/pastel green.
Disney’s Beach Club Villas’ 282 rooms include Deluxe Studios, One-Bedroom, and Two-Bedroom Villas. If you’re staying for a week or longer (and/or visiting with a larger party), you may benefit from the One-Bedroom and Two-Bedroom Villas having full kitchens! Deluxe Studios have a refrigerator and microwave.
These Villas are decorated in different shades of light blue and tan.
From buffet-style table service dining to casual poolside dining, there are some fantastic restaurants at Disney’s Beach Club Resort. Though the resort itself doesn’t have very many, as we discussed before, the list of restaurants in walking distance from this resort is quite long.
At Disney’s Beach Club Resort, the dining options you’ll find include:
- Cape May Café: Breakfast buffet (character dining) and dinner buffet (stuffed with seafood)
- Beaches and Cream Soda Shop: Turn on the jukebox as you turn back time and head to this Atlantic seashore-style ice cream parlor—home to the famous Kitchen Sink, several signature milkshakes, and many savory sandwiches (their burger is my go-to menu item!)
- Beach Club Marketplace: Quick-service breakfast, lunch, and dinner—including pre-made grab and go items, and made-to-order dishes
- Martha’s Vineyard: Just a few steps away from Stormalong Bay, this indoor lounge offers appetizers and bar service at night
- Hurricane Hanna’s Waterside Bar and Grill: Full bar service, speciality cocktails, and quick-service lunch and dinner to enjoy at Stormalong Bay
- Private Dining: Breakfast, lunch, or dinner delivered directly to your room
Stormalong Bay is a 3-acre sand-bottomed pool complex that I’d almost consider a mini-water park. If you’ve had the pleasure of floating around here before, you know very well why I strongly claim this to be the best pool at Walt Disney World!
This extremely large pool area is shared by Disney’s Beach Club Resort (including the Villas) and Disney’s Yacht Club Resort. and It’s located on the shore of Crescent Lake and connects the Beach Club and the Yacht Club.
Overall, Stormalong Bay includes a 230-foot high waterslide known as The Flying Jib, a lazy river, a shallow splash area with a whole lot of sand for your little ones to play in, a smaller kid-friendly pool with accompanying slide (located at the base of The Flying Jib), an observation/tanning deck high above the pool itself, all wrapped up with stunning views of Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts (and Disney’s BoardWalk across Crescent Lake).
There are quite a few fun activities for the whole family to enjoy here, including boat rentals, fishing, jogging trails, and even beach volleyball.
Some of the most popular activities at Disney’s Beach Club Resort are:
- Enjoying the bench-style swings on the beach of the Beach Club
- Pirate Adventure Cruise (for children ages 4 to 12)
- Motorboat rentals
- Fishing excursions
- Lafferty Place Arcade
- A jogging trail around Crescent Lake, passing 5 resorts and EPCOT
- Tennis and Beach Volleyball
Getting around Walt Disney World to and from Disney’s Beach Club Resort is as easy as it gets for any WDW resort. Here’s how you can get to each of the following WDW destinations from Disney’s Beach Club Resort:
- Magic Kingdom: Bus directly to the park, or taxi/ride-share service dropping you off at a nearby resort (ideally Contemporary or Grand Floridian) if you have a dining reservation, or a quick-service Mobile Order
- EPCOT: 5 to 10-minute walk
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: 20 to 25-minute walk, Friendship Boats, or Disney Skyliner (after switching from the “EPCOT” line to the “Disney’s Hollywood Studios” line at the Disney Skyliner “hub” at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort)
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom: Bus or taxi/ride-share service
- Disney Springs: Bus or taxi/ride-share service
- Other WDW Resorts: Walking distance if the resort is in the EPCOT Resort Area (Yacht Club, BoardWalk, Swan and Dolphin) or taxi/ride-share service (again, if you have a dining reservation or a quick-service Mobile Order)
Disney’s Beach Club Resort is located in the EPCOT Resort Area. It’s the closest resort to EPCOT’s International Gateway.
If you like Disney's Beach Club Resort, you might also enjoy...
Address and Phone Number
Disney’s Beach Club Resort
1800 EPCOT Resorts Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830