Christmas Day. A day of memories, fun and food. It’s no difference at Walt Disney World. Walt Disney loved Christmas. He went all out during the holidays to bring cheer to everyone around him. His spirit continues at all the Disney parks and especially at Walt Disney World.
Christmas Day is the biggest day of the year at Disney World. It has the biggest attendance, the biggest shows, the biggest parties and even the biggest meals (and sadly, the biggest prices). Yes, on Christmas Day many of the Disney Restaurants go all out and put on a Christmas spread that would make any grandmother proud.
Here are some of the highlights from the parks –
- The Liberty Tree Tavern in the Magic Kingdom puts on a traditional holiday spread featuring turkey and dressing and all the trimmings almost every day. It’s made all the more special on Christmas Day.
- At Biergarten in EPCOT the menu is the same but instead of the great Oompah band playing traditional German drinking songs, Christmas carols and music fill the hall.
- In Disney Hollywood Studios 50’s Prime Time Cafe and Hollywood & Vine Restaurant both have special Christmas Day menus.
- In Animal Kingdom the Tusker House changes from an African influenced menu to a more traditional (with a little flair) Christmas Dinner menu.
The Disney Hotels get into the act too –
- At the Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Chef Mickey’s and The Wave restaurant both put on a huge Christmas Day feast.
- Disney’s Boardwalk Villas in Orlando is home of the Flying Fish Cafe which puts on a Christmas Day special dinner.
- The Fort Wilderness Campground is home to Trails End. Turkey and dressing star in addition to the daily fabulous ribs and chicken.
- The Grand Floridian Resort in Orlando is the Flagship of the Disney Hotels. And Victoria & Albert’s is the centerpiece restaurant in all of Disney World. At Victoria & Albert’s there is a very special Christmas Day menu. (The menu changes with the availability of top notched ingredients.)
A Christmas at Disney World can be a magical experience. A special meal at a special time will help you and your loved ones create memories that will last forever.