The Animal Kingdom Lodge is one of the most unique hotels at Walt Disney World – after all, where else can you wake up, grab a cup of coffee, and enjoy the animals roaming outside your hotel room window?
Talk about a room with a view. Some of the rooms at the Lodge have mind-blowing views. There are 1,293 rooms at the Lodge, most of which overlook one of the specially built Savanna’s. These rooms, cleverly called Savanna View, are some of the most coveted in all of Walt Disney World.
Animal Kingdom Lodge Room Options
Disney, being Disney and wanting to provide the best environment for you made sure that all of the rooms in the Animal Kingdom have balconies so you can, right from your hotel room, see animals up close and personal. It’s really cool.
The rooms at Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge are small compared to some of the other Deluxe Resorts but they are still larger than rooms in the Moderate Resorts. A standard room is 344 square feet. All the rooms above ground floor have balconies. Over 80% of the resorts rooms have a Savanna view. The other rooms are split between pool view and standard, view.
The Deluxe rooms are on the 5th and 6th floor and are a little larger. The rooms on the curved ends of the resorts, overlooking the ends of the animal trails are suites. These one and two bedroom suites are considered concierge rooms and have access to the Club Level amenities.
Number of Guests Per Room
The number of guests allowed per room depends on the configuration of the bedding. The rooms with king beds only sleep 3. The rooms with queen beds, or a combination of queen beds and either bunk beds or sleeper sofas, sleep 4. (The normal child under 3 in a crib applies.)
The suites are one and two bedroom and can sleep up to 8.
Bed selection at the Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge can be a challenge. There are, it seems, thousands of combinations to choose from. (Yes, Dad’s a little prone to exaggeration at times.) Here are the choices, see for yourself, and this doesn’t even include the club rooms which have even more choices.
|Standard View (135 rooms)
|1 king, 1 daybed
1 king, 1 single sleeper sofa
|Pool View (136 rooms)
|1 king, 1 daybed
1 queen, 1 bunk bed
|Savanna View (724 rooms)
|1 king, 1 daybed
1 queen 1 bunk bed
Below is a list of the furnishings in the rooms:
- Ceiling Fan
- Coffee Maker & Setup
- Dial-Up Internet (extra charges apply)
- Hair Dryer
- In-Room Wall Safe
- Iron and Board
- Table & Chairs
- Telephone (extra charges apply)
- Television – primarily Disney owned stations
- USA Today Delivery (Mon-Fri)
- Free Wi-Fi
- Vanity Area
Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge Room Layout
All Disney World resort rooms include some nice extras, Disney soap, shampoo, and hand lotion. Sometimes Mousekeeping even makes towel animals to amuse children.
Animal Kingdom Villas
Co-located with the Lodge are the Animal Kingdom Villas, which are part of the Disney Vacation Club. The Villas have different room options and configurations – you can book a studio, one-bedroom, two-bedroom, and three-bedroom rooms. There are villas at both Kidani Village and Jambo House.
Dining Options at Animal Kingdom Lodge
The Lodge has two restaurants that offer African-inspired cuisine, a quick service area and a lounge.
- Boma – Flavors of Africa – features buffet-style dining and a thatched roof atmosphere complete with working ceiling fans
- Jiko – The Cooking Place features imaginative meals and award winning wines. The added treat of watching the chefs prepare each meal makes dining an entertaining experience.
- The Mara features pizza, burgers, salads and sandwiches for a quick, casual selection.
- The Cape Town Lounge and Wine Bar is a great place to meet friends before or after dinner, while the romantic sounds of soft waterfalls provide background music over cocktails at the Victoria Falls Lounge.
Animal Kingdom Lodge Map
The Savanna is what makes the Lodge special. Contrary to what some have said, the Savanna is not connected to the Animal Kingdom. It is an area specifically constructed for the hotel. There are actually 3 separate 10 acre Savannas. Each has a unique look and feel. Giraffe roam all 3 areas. The following animals are unique to –
- Sunset – Ostrichs are unique to the Sunset
- Uzima – Kudu (an African deer) is unique to the Uzima
- Ashura – Zebra’s are on the Ashura
Activities at Animal Kingdom Lodge
The list of activities is just about endless at the Lodge and features something for your whole family.
- The Uzima Pool has a zero-depth entry feature and as well as a 67-foot long slide. A wading pool lets little ones splash and play safely.
- The Zawadi Marketplace is a place to pick up interesting and one-of-a-kind Zulu baskets, handmade clothing and other African themed gifts.
- All ages will thrill to the exciting video games at the Safari So Good Arcade, which features the latest technology in arcade, and video games.
Animal Kingdom Lodge Location
The hotel is located just west of the Animal Kingdom.
View Animal Kingdom Hotel in a larger map
Address and Phone Number
Animal Kingdom Lodge
2901 Oseola Parkway
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Front Desk (407) 938-3000 – Fax (407) 938-4799
Book a Room at Animal Kingdom Lodge
Looking for reservations for the Animal Kingdom Lodge? Our travel agent partners at Destinations to Travel can help you book a room!
Not only will a visit to the Animal Kingdom Hotel be a vacation that will satisfy the entire family, but this family friendly destination offers a unique and exciting way to experience an animal-filled adventure without leaving Disney World property.